Misbehaving antibodies and antigens
ISBT2022 Virtual Congress Highlights: Misbehaving Antibodies and Antigens Session
Introduction: The 37th International Congress of the ISBT, known as ISBT2022, was a virtual event held from June 4 to June 8, 2022. Among the notable sessions was the “Misbehaving Antibodies and Antigens” session, which featured groundbreaking research presentations and insightful discussions.
- Annie Qiu: Enhancing RBC Alloimmunization with IGG2c through Fc-gamma Receptor IV.
- Romy Kronstein-Wiedermann: Impact of Transcriptional Regulation on ABO Blood Group Antigen Expression and Erythropoiesis.
- Darija Bogdanić: Red Blood Cell Alloantibody Evanescence and Pretransfusion Testing.
- Romy Meier: Diagnostic Laboratory Approach for Vaccine-induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia (VITT): A Dutch Retrospective Study.
- Sakara Hutspardol: Reducing False-positive Warm Autoantibody Detection with a New Antibody Investigation Algorithm in British Columbia, Canada.
- Akira Hayakawa: Understanding Blood Group ABO Antigen Reduction in Myelodysplastic Syndrome Patients.
Moderator: Thierry Peyrard.
Closing: The session concluded with a stimulating 15-minute Q&A session, offering attendees a chance to engage with the presenters directly. The recordings of these insightful presentations and the Q&A session are now available for further exploration.