Basic immunohematology : testing in tube.
In a series of seven videos Sue Johnson demonstrates basic “tube testing” techniques including:
- The Workstation (4 min)
- Preparing 3-5% RBC Suspensions (20 min)
- Grading Tube Tests (17 min)
- ABO and Rh typing (20 min)
- The Antibody Detection Test or “Antibody Screen” (28 min)
- Antibody Identification (35 min)
- Summary and Review (6 min)
Proper techniques are shown in the detail expected of a skilled serologist. The videos were made at the Blood Center of Wisconsin, which kindly provided the laboratory facilities. They were shot and edited by Sharon Karp of Media Monster in Chicago, and produced and directed by Dr. Jim Perkins, director of the III……by Indian Immunohematology Initiative .